1 December 2010

My Christmascalendar - 1. December

So are we here again; December, Advent, 24 days away from Christmas (25 in some cases) and just a month away from a new start. I doubt any of my current readers followed my Christmas-calendar last year, but I like to keep traditions alive, so hereby I declare my Christmas-calendar 2010 for open!

But what to write about? My schedule is pretty packed for the coming days, so I will make it simple. Every day will get either a song, a poem or a quote that is close to my heart. Everything will be carefully chosen, and I hope you will like my little effort. I highly doubt it will be very Christmas-y, but I think this is the time for reflection no matter what your religious affiliation is.

So today's topic will be:


 
The reason for this is a short, but very strong sentence that have managed to stick in my mind, and become a sort of mantra: 
The greatest thing you will ever learn
is just to love and be loved in return.

Love is seldom fair and painless, but we can't turn our back on it anyway. We depend on it! What would the world be without it? Without love, we would destroy each other, become savage beasts once more. In a world like ours, love is even more important than ever, it gives us reason to face another day, depressing or not. Love provides us with the tool to drag our friends up from the gutter and show them that life is worth living...just a simple thing as LOVE

No comments: