12 December 2010

12. december - Halfway there

 Advent is about counting down and looking forward to Christmas. since it is the 12. today, I thought about the idea of halfway there and how we see positively or negatively on something.
Like you can say it is half-empty if you're in a negative mood or half-full if you're positive. But in today's case we can be nothing but positive since tomorrow we will be closer to Christmas than to the 1. December.
So in the name of all those who are waiting for something; "Waiting" by John Burroughs

Serene, I fold my hands and wait,
Nor care for wind, nor tide, nor sea;
I rave no more 'gainst time or fate,
For lo! my own shall come to me.

I stay my haste, I make delays,
For what avails this eager pace?
I stand amid the eternal ways,
And what is mine shall know my face.

Asleep, awake, by night or day,
The friends I seek are seeking me;
No wind can drive my bark astray,
Nor change the tide of destiny.

What matter if I stand alone?
I wait with joy the coming years;
My heart shall reap where it hath sown,
And garner up its fruit of tears.

The waters know their own and draw
The brook that springs in yonder height;
So flows the good with equal law
Unto the soul of pure delight.

The stars come nightly to the sky;
The tidal wave unto the sea;
Nor time, nor space, nor deep, nor high,
Can keep my own away from me.

1 comment:

Mopaya, du théâtre à l'écriture said...

Hey
I really loved it going thru your blog
I wish I have time to write in my blog I've created
As Advent passes by, I get busier
hopefully I'll be on holidays for a few days
As to come to long, creative letters, I might try
in fact I love long letters, mails too
it gives me the impression to talk to the person, of course get to know him/her too
hope to read you back soon
Gabriel

gabnseka@gmail.com