18 December 2010

18. December - a wish

Just 6 days left, and what am I doing? I'm writing down the christmaswishes for the children in a big book with red ink. This may seem strange, but it has started to become a tradition for me, and my father has done this for 16 years now :) I get a chance to get really close to the children, to hear their dreams and above wishes.
And believe me; there are never a too weird wish. Horses, books, peace on earth, snow, swords and world dominion: we have it all.
But if you asked me what my ONE wish would be, I would probably have problem answering you. I have no problems with lists, but narrowing it all down to ONE is a hard task. It reminded me when a friend asked me here the other day this question:

If you could choose ONE thing to do before you die, what would it be?

My mind were certainly running through all my dreams and possible scenarios, and guess what I answered?
I hope, almost against hope, and wish against wish that I one day will be able to write a book about Irish emigrants/history for Norwegian children. Is that too much to dream about?
As a small piece of inspiration, I have of course added "When you wish upon a star"

Dare to dream


No comments: