11 December 2010

9. december - Magic in the air

I'm already behind on this, and I hope you can forgive me. So writing this 2 days too late, but please pretend :p
the theme is magic, and the magic that we experience in the world around us everyday. The reason why I chose this theme for the 9. is simple: The concert with Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra, Choir, Alan Opie and Sarah Tynan + Andrew Litton became an unforgettable, amazing thing to behold. It was one thing to stand in the choir and feel the music pulsate through every one standing around you, and giving all you got in every note, no matter if it was a high A, or a soft deep G.
Just singing it gave me an indescribably feeling, I felt high ^^ So this was indeed a little piece of magic in my life. The national radio recorded it, so I'm so looking forward to hear it! And afterward Litton said that "this was the best choirexperience he had EVER had"
Something to bring up again when the dark thoughts are threatening once more :)

Word over all, beautiful as the sky,
beautiful that war and all its deeds of carnage
must in time be utterly lost.
That the hands of the sisters 
Death and Night, incessantly, softly,
washing again and ever again
this soil'd world

No comments: