15 December 2010

14. December - the power of noise

After my exams I've had the pleasure of re-discovering my love for Disney-songs. Many of them can provide some comfort when the world seems to be all dark and gloomy. And the older the better.
I don't know what you mean about Disney at all, but I feel that they have given up their integrity a long time ago. We don't live in a time when they took their time in making a good film, when they poured their heart and soul into it. It's a shame because today's kids could certainly need some proper Disney-magic.
Anyway, music was such an important part of the older Disney-movies. Who can forget "I wanna be like you" from "The Junglebook", "When you wish upon a star" from "Pinocchio" and "The Silly song" from "Snow White and the seven dwarfs"?
The reason for the noisy title is simple: there was a sequence from Snow White with a most amazing song that never made it into the film. And believe me: it's noisy! They must have had so much fun recording it ^^
Here it is; "The Music in your Soup"


 

And from today I will put one Disney-song into my blogposts all the way up to Christmas Eve :p

1 comment:

Steve said...

I loved the song :) I was just talking to a friend yesterday about how much we love Disney songs too. I don't entirely agree about Disney losing their integrity, for example I thought The Princess and the Frog was great recently, but I think too that these older movies were so much better, especially in the style of the animation and the characters they created.