5 December 2010

4. December - weird wisdom

Due to the fact that I've been both busy and sick today, today's little treat will be small indeed.
Some movies have quotes that are logical and sometimes important, but today's is both illogical AND important. One can find many treasures in the language, if one dare to look a little bit closer.
The quote of today is from "Boondock Saint" which isn't exactly known for the grand philosophy or the most beautiful language. But beneath its rugged exterior one can find one pearl after an other.
My chosen quote is this:

Don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen

Doesn't seem like much wisdom there, does it? But there are; I can vouch for it.
I had an interesting meeting with a kitchenfloor here the other day, and at that moment I wouldn't been able to cross the road no matter how hard I'd try...if you know what I mean.
So what it's actually saying is: don't try to do too much, it will only end in disaster...
See, there was the wisdom

1 comment:

Steve said...

It's impressive that you managed to find wisdom in that movie haha
Hope you're feeling better today.