8 June 2010

A day in the mountains: a portrait

The weather has been so nice for the last few days, that I decided to get out of my tent (I'm sleeping in a tent on my lawn...just for fun) and up in the mountains. I had some thoughts that had been bothering me for quite some time, and I looked forward to walk in total solitude, with nothing but myself and my music as company. I took the bus to the top of my valley, where the track up in the mountains began. The sun was shining and I soon realized that the black jersey would get too hot. Luckily I was wearing my kilt, which was absolutely perfect for this.

I had the whole mountain to myself, not a soul in sight. I heard both cuckoo and an owl (the latter must have insomnia), and some bells. That was the sheep that was coming up in the mountain for the summer.
So here are some pictures from my 'trip'










The reason for all these sheep-pictures is that the farmer was sending them off to the mountain, where they will eat fresh grass and have fun until the fall...

2 comments:

Steve said...

Those places are SO beautiful :D And it's nice that the sheep are so tame to run so close to you :) It's also interesting to see the differences between them and our sheep, like the different breed and how the farmers keep their tails long unlike ours here.

The Banshee of the North said...

they may seem tame, but they looked at me like I was some kind of monster that was going to eat them ^^
and the noise they made when all of them starting bleating...It sounded like a modern piece going mad ^^ so many different voices, calling for eachother