19 March 2010

What a day!

St Patricks Day is really the day when EVERYBODY is Irish; and since I had delivered my thesis I decided to join the fun at my favorite Irish pub in Bergen: Finnegan's. I've told you about this place earlier, and the way they celebrate St Patricks Day is amazing. Came in when they opened and sat by the bar, reading with a pint of the black stuff by my side. Everywhere I looked I saw shamrocks, leprechauns and Irish flags. After some minutes my friends came, and we toasted for Ireland, and the Irish people. This was going to be a nice evening. People where coming and going, and all of them in a wonderful mood. the fact that it was raining and that the snow had turned into slush, didn't seem to bother them. They were ready!
During the evening, more and more people were coming, and the place got rather crowded. But noone got irritated if you bumped into them, you just said Slainté/Erin go Bragh or something similar, so they understood that your intentions was Irish.
There was also an Irish quiz, which was very funny. Hail hail for Anthony Hill :) There were bagpipes, singing, LOTS of Guinness and the overall mood was fabulous. Here are some pictures from the evening, hope you like them...


John the Boss


a couple of these went down...


cool guys in the bar ^^



Pål enjoys a well deserved pint



Finnegan's own private mural


starting to get crowded ^^


Bergen Pipes & Drums



Me and my friends having a few laughs


a proper irish man (they exist in Bergen too)



ERIN GO BRAGH!



Much to do behind the bar (credit to you guys)



All I can say is that is was a wonderful day/evening/night, and I really looking forward to next year

SLAINTÉ!




1 comment:

Steve said...

Great photo-reporting :D Glad to hear you got your thesis handed in and had a great Irish day after that. The bar there looks great! I like the mural :)