7 March 2010

Some Irish inspiration


In my search for some inspiration, I found some wonderful bands that is as crazy in their music as I am everyday.
Hope you'll like them too...
Amazingly, there actually exist some "irish" - punk-rock in my city. So on St Patricks Day, which is only 10 days away (hurray), a band called Shenanigans will play at the best Irish Pub in town; Finnegans...I will probably write a ode to that pub some day, after a couple of pints ^^

Sheninagans

 

I really look forward to this, both because 'everybody's Irish on St Patricks Day, and because I will deliver part of my thesis that day (good reason for some partying...)
the next band I will mention here is also from Bergen; The Greenland Whalefishers. A little bird told me that they are named after a song by The Pogues. Can anybody verify this? Well, their music reminds me of Flogging Molly, another one of my favorite-bands :p

 Greenland Whalefishers


And this next was a true surprise; because they are German, but sounds unmistakeably like they are Irish. So don't think you know what something is before you've heard it ^^ Don't judge the book by the cover...
So here you got them:
Fiddler's Green




Last, but not least: FLOGGING MOLLY!
I cannot stop smiling when I hear these guys. They are so energetic and fun and  their lyrics have always some kind of edge. Their last album; "Float" is perfect for cleaning the house and get some energy out of the system.
This one; "Drunken Lullaby", makes me wanna JUMP, until I'm exhausted. Perfect for an ADD-case like me...



So listen and HAVE FUN!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Lovely music ^^ The Greenland Whalefishers, what a great name for a band :D I don't know if the name comes from The Pogues, it's not a song I've ever heard if it is, but the sound is similar so it seems possible.
That German band is great too, they definitely sound very Irish.
I'll be going to hear some music in bars here on Paddy's Day too so it sounds like we'll be having similar fun on that day :)

The Banshee of the North said...

It will be a loong day, but I've got a sofa to crash on afterward ^^
What I'm worried about is the next day...hangover deluxe and trip to oslo...nice combo!