11 March 2010

The place for inspirational writing

I'm at the moment in the middle of my bachelor-thesis...well, I'm reading and taking notes, and trying to get down to writing the paper. But who said that life was easy? Noone! So I hope that my notes will be readable so that the paper will end up like a bachelor-thesis should; filled with dried up talk about numbers and figures.
But I don't want to do it like that. I want to tell about the souls and the peoples experience of emigration.
I want to touch the hearts and minds of those who read it. Well, bad for me that I'm going to the academic institution of the University of Bergen, so I'm forbidden from doing just that.
In the middle of all my problems concerning the thesis; I have found the perfect place to write it:
Finnegan's Pub

There are nobody there when I've come there the past few days; just me and the very nice bartender. The inspiration lives in the woodwork there, and it comes streaming into my mind when I enter the place.
So I should actually write a thesis about the place and not about the destitute irish emigrants that ended up in New York and Boston...
So cheers/prost/slainté/ skål for the Irish, for Finnegan's and for all of you who inspires me everyday



No comments: