7 January 2012

My Irish adventure: Last day

Our last day in Belfast, I couldn't believe how fast the time had flown. It was a warm and sunny day, and I hoped to show Solveig some of the troubled history of the place. This meant: a black cab, Shankill and Falls Road, and a cabdriver eager to tell us everything about the places that we would visit.
As you may have known, I took this tour with my friend Steven last summer, so I mostly did it again for Solveig. But as people are different, the tour had another "flavour" to it, and it was very interesting to listen to the stories our driver told us.
This gun will always point at you no matter where you stand...freaky

The hand of Ulster in another setting

The Peacewall

"God! How does one drive these?"

Solveig  and our driver
 And so passed the last day in Belfast...when we were dropped off downtown, we just wandered around a bit, feeling the atmosphere.
I think I actually prefer Belfast to Dublin; rougher round the edges and less self-righteous. It has managed much better to keep its soul in a way...go to Belfast, and you will know.

And here we are, at the end of my story of what happened during my adventures in Ireland last summer.
And guess what? I'm coming back next summer!
Thanks for listening

PS: if you want more, check out the pictures in my next post

No comments: