16 June 2011

A new adventure and some old updates

It's still early. Sitting on the edge of my bed, trying to realise that today is the day. The day when I will see my true love again; Ireland. The sun is shining outside, and I haven't slept all night...at least not properly. I'm so excited! Feel like a little child again, all my cares have blown away and all that matters is here and now. I will try to post while I'm there, but cannot promise anything...since I will be exploring most of the time...Going Couchsurfing for the first time in my life, and is at this moment crossing all I've got so we get a new host in Galway. I believe things will work out eventually, no need to rush anything or even stress. What a wonderful sensation to just live, here and now

I'm sorry that I have not written much lately, due to my home-exam (which I expect a grade on any minute), Bergen International Festival and my last concerts with Bergen Philharmonic Choir/Orchestra.

I hope I will get a decent grade for this exam (meaning not failing...), but I believe that it would rank as a D or maybe a C...who knows? I wrote about how conflict was portrayed in two literary texts "V" by Tony Harrison and "Blasted" by Sarah Kane. Let us say: what I have learned from this are 2 things
  1. That language and conflict are interacting forces, and that language is a conflict within itself
  2. Many interesting swear-words (picked up an interest in how swearwords are used, what kinds there are, and cultural differences concerning swearing)
I should probably not utter them here, but I've somehow grown fond of this: Cunt
Mostly because it sounds fascinating...yes, I'm weird, but please don't lock me up right away ^^



And last but not least: since I'm moving to Volda in the fall, last weeks concerts marked an end to one adventure and the beginning of a new one. To sing Messa de Requiem by Verdi in the Grieg Hall with almost 180 other singers, a huge and amazing orchestra led by no other than maestro Andrew Litton; a man I respect deeply, was unbelievable! The place was packed, literally, and when the whole thing was over I couldn't stop crying. I was so happy for our success and so sad to leave, that my heart burst. It was the most perfect good-bye-concert I could ever have asked for. I will cherish the memories forever, and hope to be back in time for the 250-years jubilee and celebration of the orchestra in 2014-15.

So that is all for now....*I'm off to see the wizard....no, IRELAND




1 comment:

La femme forte said...

Ønsker deg en riktig god tur, håper du får ditt livs opplevelse.

Kos deg masse.

Klem fra storesøster